EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Alipes participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Alipes is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List.
Alipes is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Alipes complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Alipes is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Alipes may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Information Related to Data Collected through the Alipes Services
In the course of providing our Services, Alipes collects and processes identifiable information under the direction of our clients. We have no ownership of this information or any direct relationship with individuals whose personal information may be processed as part of providing our Services.
Alipes acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access to their data, seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, or wishes to opt-out of communications from a Alipes client should direct his/her query to the Alipes client he/she interacts with directly (the data controller). If an Alipes client requests that we remove personal information on their behalf, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
Alipes may transfer personal information to other companies that help us provide our Services. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding the disclosure of information and the service agreements with our clients.
Alipes will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide Services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information Related to Data Collected from Users and Clients
1. Personal information
We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site, and through offline communication. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal information.
2. Log Files
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
3. Cookies and other Tracking TechnologiesTechnologies such as cookies, and similar technologies are used by Alipes and our marketing partners, analytics providers, and service providers (such as social network operators). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
The use of tracking technologies attempts to infer the following types of information about users and reports it to us in non-personally identifiable aggregate form:
4. Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
5. How we use collected information
We collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To send emails: The email address Users provide will only be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products and Services: We will use the information you share with us to make recommendations about how we can help achieve your objectives.
- To respond to customer service requests: We will respond to any inquiries you have about our Services or to help resolve problems.
- To administer your account: We will use your information to maintain the general functionality of your user experience.
6. How we protect your information The security of all personal information is important to us. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site. When you enter sensitive information (such as log-in credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
7. Sharing your personal information At our option, we will disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent only in the following circumstances:
7.1 Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our operation. We may need to share your personal information with these companies (collectively, "Site Vendors"). We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
7.2 Questions of Harm. If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, we may reveal your personal information on a case-by-case basis to attorneys, private investigator organizations, or law enforcement agencies.
7.3 Legal. We will reveal your personal information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your personal information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
7.4 Transfer of Site. If Alipes is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
7.5 Aggregated data We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
8. Access and Choice Upon request, Alipes will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com, contacting your account manager if you are a client, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the information listed below. If you no longer desire our service, contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Third party websites Users may find content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
12. Your acceptance of these termsBy using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on November 21, 2018.